Saturday 10 August 2013

Received and assembled the tank

Today I finally received my new reef tank. Did some heavy lifting, that thing is heavy. The whole living room was filled with boxes. There was barely room to assemble the tank. Where do I put 135 gallons of seawater? Assembling the tank was simple, it's just a lot of work when you have to do it alone. It took me around 10 hours to unpack it, assemble and fill it with tap water. Big moment to start all equipment, not everything worked; the chiller was leaking, so I disconnected it. Everything else was working great, but the returnpump and skimmer are quite noisy, I hope that will fade away. Also aligning the doors is a bit tricky.

The aquarium itself is quite heavy, it will take several people to get it on the stand properly.

The living room filled with boxes and equipment.

The supporting frame of the cabinet.

Leveling the tank on the cabinet.

Powered up the lighting.

Finally running with tap water.

No comments:

Post a Comment